ComforSyst SABrief History of
- 1st May 1970 - Foundation under the name of Lisboas & Co
- Average day production : 100 pares for Portuguese Market
- Medium-high level women shoes
- About 15 intern workers
- One accountant, Leonel Santos starts at the company
- 1980 - Company starts to produce and export to major brands in Uk
- Increases production gradually till 1200 pairs a day
- Intern Workers: 120 people
- The company creates their own Technical Department
- Leonel Santos, after a 2 years course at the Portuguese Technological Shoe School, starts to lead the new Technical Department and is invited by the owners to participate on the capital of Lisboas & Co.
- 1990 – Leonel Santos buys the entire company
- Lisboas & Co takes their products to a higher level.
- Using 20 years of experience, the company starts to develop new products, from the scratch, for brands like Scholl - Uk, already established on comfort shoes.
- Year 2000 – Dark Year - Sales drops 50%
- As a result of China entrance in the World Trade Organization (WTO), most of the key accounts from the company runs to China driven by the low cost products
- Company reduces workers for 80 people in order to adapt to new reality.
- Production drops to 600 pairs/day
- The company manages to keep a few of the old key costumers, vital to maintain the company alive.
- A new generation starts at the company, Marcelo Santos, older sun of Leonel Santos, an Industrial Engineer MBA, after a 1 year course at Leicester Shoe School, UK and later Orlando Santos, second sun, Manager MBA and Marketeer.
- 2003 – Starts a new era, The Softwaves® project.
- Made in Portugal, with a high technology & engineering thinking, aiming women over 30’s, young mothers or smart professional women. Pure comfort but with a clear vision of the new fashion, style and sexy. An important step to build up the future
- International Fairs as GDS, MICAM, MODACALZADO, ISF.TOKYO among many others, brought many international buyers to know and buy Softwaves® around the world.
- The Santos’s family, creates a share holding company, BBS – SGPS, belonging to the five original members, Leonel, his wife and their three suns in order to organize the family businesses.
- Lisboas & Co also changes the name to ComforSyst SA “…comfort systems”, more actual to its knowledge, and becomes one of the companies belonging to BBS- SGPS group.
- 2005 - ComforSyst SA increases activities on shoe engineering, innovation and services.
- Increases the Investment on strategic markets by promotion and sales structure.
- German market becomes the major target for Softwaves®.
- 2009-2014 – Getting near the costumers and new markets
- In order to control and serve markets better, ComforSyst SA starts to supply Softwaves® directly to the stores trough their own agents.
- Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Uk, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Norway and Sweden have now a better costumer service and stores can the contact the brand directly as well as involve their selves on the new developments.
- One new brand was created, Softwaves® Green Edition. A new concept on a stylish and minimalist design, by the hand of an Architect, Helder Santos, the younger sun of Leonel Santos.
- ComforSyst SA has a clear strategy to grow its own brands on worldwide market based on a development, innovation and costumer care. The company values are the same as the Santos family, honesty, hard work and trust.
Portugalský výrobca kvalitnej koženej vychádzkovej obuvi s masážnymi stielkami.(www.softwaves.pt)